Nixie Maestro Kits
New Features for 2019:
- Noiseless, Direct Drive
- Outdoor Temperature display when using XTERNA module
- independent double dot colon neons
Nixie Maestro is a fully-featured nixie clock kit, using a semi - assembled SMD board. The clock shows time and date on six vintage IN-12 Nixie Tubes, which are sourced from the former Soviet Union. Each tube has a RGB LED to illuminate it, which creates a beautiful spectrum of colour effects. Several case designs are available separately in the Cases section of our site.
New for the 2018 version, are some exciting new features. Maestro works best in conjunction with our new XTERNA outdoor, wireless time and temperature transmitter module, to report accurate GPS time and also outdoor temperature with min / max function. Additional highlights of the new Maestro Clock are direct tube drive and independent double dot colon neons
Here are the key features of the MAESTRO 2019 kit:
- Hours, Minutes and Seconds display
- Direct drive to six IN-12 Nixie Tubes
- Also fits ZM1100, ZM1162 Tubes
- Noiseless, Direct Drive giving optimum digit clarity
- Uses a Quartz Crystal Oscillator as the timebase
- 12 or 24 hour modes
- Programmable leading zero blanking
- Date display in either DD.MM.YY or MM.DD.YY or YY.MM.DD format
- Programmable date display each minute
- Scrolling display of date or standard display
- Alarm, with programmable snooze period
- Optional GPS / XTERNA synchronisation with status indicator LED
- Dedicated DST button to switch between DST and standard time
- Supercapacitor backup. Keeps time during short power outages
- Simple time setting using two buttons
- Configurable for leading zero blanking
- Double dot colon neon lamps
- 11 colon neon modes including AM / PM indication (top / bottom or left / right), railroad (slow or fast) etc.
- Seconds can be reset to zero to precisely the set time
- Programmable night mode - blanked or dimmed display to save tubes or prevent sleep disturbance
- Rear Indicator LEDs dim at night to prevent sleep disturbance
- Weekday aware ‘Master Blank’ function to turn off HV/ tubes and LEDs on weekends or during working hours
- Separate modes for colon neons during night mode
- Standard, fading, or crossfading with scrollback display modes.
- Digit crossfading persists in night-dimmed mode
- ‘Slot Machine’ Cathode poisoning prevention routine
- Programmable RGB tube lighting – select YOUR favourite colour palette
- 729 colours possible. Have a different colour or your choosing every hour, or autochanging colours
- Not AC frequency dependent – works in all countries
- All user preferences stored to non-volatile memory
- Additional wireless functions if XTERNA module used:
- Display of outdoor temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit each minute.
- Min / Max temperature in last 24 hours
- Wireless, Auto Sync of time from GPS with auxilliary TCXO
- GPS Sync time, and time since last GPS Fix
- Voltage of XTERNA module battery
- Firmware version of XTERNA module
Full kit of parts, including double dot neon colons, pre-soldered passives and SMD ICs, tube sockets, RGB LEDs and Double Dot Neon Colons. Six IN-12 Nixie Tubes are included.
433 Mhz Receiver included if you also order the matching XTERNA transmitter.
6 IN-12 Nixie Tubes (if bought with tubes)
12V Universal Power Supply 1A (if bought with PSU)
172mm X 55mm
7.7" X 2.2"
Digit height (IN-12 Tubes): 18mm / 0.7"
All the SMD components are pre-soldered! Only the through hole components need to be soldered.
The PCB is pre-assembled with many SMD parts. You only need to solder the through - hole components
Compatible with our GPS Time Receivers
Rear of the PCB showing the 433 MHz receiver module, which receives time and temperature from an optional XTERNA module. We will supply the 433 MHz receiver if you also order the XTERNA. If you already own an XTERNA, please add a note on your order for us to include the 433 MHz receiver.
Copper Anodised FInned Case available here
Download Kit Assembly Instructions Here