QTC+ QZ5700M Nixie Bundle (Plexi Case) with GPS Time Sync
- INCREDIBLE VALUE
- QTC+ KIT, CASE, TUBES, GPS TIME SYNC, POWER SUPPLY
- JUST ADD YOUR OWN SOLDER AND ASSEMBLY!
- Hobby Kit of Electronic Components
- Includes Nixie Tubes and Acrylic Case
- Full color RGB Tube Lighting under each tube
- RGB Tube lighting can be disabled if you prefer
What's new on the QTC+?
Matte Black PCB with Gold pads
Reduced component count for RGB LEDs
Simpler Anode Drivers, with socketed Optoisolators, for easier assembly and troubleshooting
Double dot colon neons, with many more modes
Support for our XTERNA Wireless Time and Temperature Transmitter
Previously, a failed tube always meant a treacherous operation to delicately remove the tube whilst trying to preserve all traces intact. Whilst this was certainly possible, It was never easy, and made it uncomfortable to give a Nixe Clock as a gift in case a tube ever failed. With the QTC system (‘Quick Tube Change’), each tube is soldered only to its own mini ‘tube cell’ PCB. A tube can be changed in minutes with no danger to the main PCB. The small addition in cost is dwarfed by the huge advantage this gives. A single main board is capable of driving tens of different types of solder-in Nixie Tube. You can even completely change the tube type of your clock by installing new tube cells and tubes.
- Hours, Minutes and Seconds display on Six Z5700M tubes with 13mm digit height (included)
- Uses a Quartz Crystal Oscillator as the timebase
- 12 or 24 hour modes
- Programmable leading zero blanking
- Date display in either DD.MM.YY or MM.DD.YY or YY.MM.DD format
- Programmable date display each minute
- Scrolling display of date or standard display
- Alarm, with programmable snooze period
- GPS Time Synchronisation Receiver Included with status indicator LED
- Dedicated DST button to switch between DST and standard time
- Supercapacitor backup. Keeps time during short power outages
- Simple time setting using two buttons
- Configurable for leading zero blanking
- Double dot colon neon lamps
- 11 colon neon modes including AM / PM indication (top / bottom or left / right), railroad (slow or fast) etc.
- Seconds can be reset to zero to precisely the set time
- Programmable night mode - blanked or dimmed display to save tubes or prevent sleep disturbance
- Rear Indicator LEDs dim at night to prevent sleep disturbance
- Weekday aware ‘Master Blank’ function to turn off tubes and LEDs on weekends or during working hours
- Separate modes for colon neons during night mode
- Standard, fading, or crossfading with scrollback display modes
- ‘Slot Machine’ Cathode poisoning prevention routine
- Programmable RGB tube lighting – select your favourite colour palette
- 729 colours possible. Have a different colour or your choosing every hour, or autochanging colours
- Not AC frequency dependent – works in all countries
- All user preferences stored to non-volatile memory
The former K155ID1 / 74141 nixie driver IC is now replaced by a modern HV5812 High Voltage Driver IC by Supertex. With 20 outputs, it is able to drive the six Nixie Tubes in a very comfortable 3X2 multiplex.
GPS Time Synchronisation
Included is a GPS Time Synchronisation Receiver, which automatically receives time and date from GPS satellites. Please note, the GPS needs to be within 2m / 6ft of a window.
12V Power Adapter
A high quality power adapter for your country is included, with a long 1.8m / 6ft cable.
Download Kit Assembly Instructions Here
We Also Recommend
Complete Nixie FunKlock Bundle (Polished)